Bianca Montgomery – Team leader – Pharmacy on Meade
Waikato Hospital has opened its first retail pharmacy.
The new pharmacy will offer a “one-stop-shop” sort of service by allowing them to have prescriptions filled, offering the sale of toiletries and over the counter medicines.
Waikato Hospital pharmacy manager Jan Goddard said the pharmacy will be able fill prescriptions, provide specialist pharmacist advice and offer smoking cessation.
“We have had discussion about this concept for more than 10 years because we knew just what this would mean for our staff, patients and visitors,” she said.
The pharmacy located on level one of the Meade Clinical Centre will open on January 18 at 8am to the public.
Waikato District Health Board chief of staff Neville Hablous said the opening of the space was testament to the perseverance of several staff.
Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm
Saturday 9.30am – 2pm
Level 1, Meade Clinical Centre, Waikato Hospital
Phone (07) 839 8855
Fax (07) 839 8856
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Cough and cold therapies
- Over the counter medicines – e.g. antihistamines/ allergy products, pain relief, reflux therapies,
- Vitamins and natural health products
- Smoking cessation therapies
- A small supply of PJs, sox, underwear, pantyhose
- First aid and sport products, sun care
- Pregnancy, maternity, sexual health and breast feeding products
- Eye care range – contact lens solutions, small range of sunglasses and reading glasses
- Moderately priced gift packs, soaps, lotions, hand creams
- Low to medium priced make-up range